Creepy inspired Halloween dinner.



Are you ready for something gruesome? How about my meatloaf hand?! Let's start off with the ingredients shall we?


Ingredients
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 pounds mixed ground meats: beef, veal, lamb, and/or pork
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup minced carrots
1/4 cup minced onion
Provolone cheese
Ketchup

1. Preheat the oven to 350. Soak the bread crumbs in the milk until the milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes.

2. Mix together all ingredients. Shape the meat into a hand shape. If you have a hand mold great! Use it! Otherwise wing it like I did. Bake 45 to 60 minutes.
Once I mixed all the ingredients I shaped the meat into a hand.


I then cut slices of onion and used scissors to better define the nail shapes.


To give the hand a more realistic appearance I also cut a piece of onion and placed it in the back of the hand sticking out like a bone.


Cover in ketchup.


Cut provolone cheese to the shape of the hand. This way when cooking in the oven it will melt and give it a nice bubbly burned effect.


I ate the middle finger first of course.





1 comment:

AshleyBakesCakes said...

This is entirely too awesome, WILL TRY!