Vanilla Cupcake Cookies made from cupcake mix!



I made up this awesome recipe last night or shall I say at 4am! I have searched the internet all over for a vanilla cupcake flavored cookie. There is literally NO SUCH THING. All I found were cake mix cookies. Not good enough for me! Soooooo I did some experimenting and WA LA!

Let me introduce you to a very DELICIOUS cupcake cookie!


Mmmmm look how moist the inside is yet the outer shell is a crisp cookie and look at that light golden brown bottom. Perfection.

  

Ingredients:

1 box Mrs. Fields Confetti Cupcake Mix (they always have it at the dollar store and .99 store)
                     1/4 cup oil                       
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (I used more, always do)
flour
sprinkles
I always use butter vanilla extract for better flavor but any vanilla will do.


I did not say how much flour because that I added as I went along. Once I mixed the egg, vanilla and oil into my cupcake mix it was still very moist and not doughy. I added a little flour at a time until I got cookie dough I was able to form in balls. Oh yea and don't forget to add extra sprinkles inside! I placed on parchment paper and had the oven set for 375 degrees and I baked them for about 8 minutes. It will vary depending on your cookie size. Check at 6 minutes. Remember you do not want to over bake because they are supposed to be soft cake like cookie.


For the icing I made it in like 1 minute. I just used powder sugar and I mixed in some sweet cream coffee creamer and some food coloring. I usually use milk in my icing but I decided to be fancy and use this instead :)


Aren't they darling? I am quite proud :D


Seriously they taste just like cupcakes. That's the point. It's a cookie on the outside and cake on the inside.




No comments: