IHOPS WHO CAKES!


Ok so apparently I missed out on these a while back when Horton Hears A Who! came out. I had no idea they even existed until recently. They look so damn good. Sugar rush for sure and the bubble gum lollipop at the top just sells me instantly! It's like your after meal toothpick so to speak.


This is what they look like. The pancakes are plain and have a glazed icing with little rainbow chocolates thrown on. If you google "ihop Horton Hears A Who Pancakes" you will see some from all kinds of different IHOPS around the state.


Instead of plain pancakes I made cake batter pancakes. I will honestly say that these are HANDS DOWN the BEST pancakes I have EVER had. Best cake batter pancake recipe I have found and believe me...I have made quite a bunch of different ones. This one wins and I will always use it. I will give the recipe at the end.


I will also give the recipe for the glaze. I kicked it up a notch and added cupcake bites on the pancakes instead of chocolate.


BAM! Here they are with sprinkles added on top.


And here they are with the cupcake bites. Don't they just scream happy birthday? I'm sure kids will love these. They are soooooo yummy! So if you too missed out on IHOPS delicious who cakes then try mine!


Nom nom nom....


Cake Batter Pancake Recipe:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
1 Tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I also used 1 tsp butter vanilla extract)
1-2 cups milk (Try 1 1/2 cups first because that was PERFECT)
assorted sprinkles

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
assorted sprinkles
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
Mix all the ingredients together and then pour batter on the griddle. Stack at least 5 in various sizes starting with large and then make each one smaller than the one before. Drizzle icing on the cakes and top with a lolli :)


5 comments:

ArtWithAnAttitude said...

These look even better than any I have ever seen at Ihop

Britnie said...

That looks like a damn heart attack Nikoal but now I got munchies like hell!

Decayla said...

Awww thank you Kimbra!!!! <3

LMAO@ Random!!!! I know huh?! I was scared to eat even half of those. I managed though. So yummy but I scraped away the candy and most of the glaze. The pancakes alone are amazing! Since it has a whole cup of cake it puffs these bad boys up and they even taste like cake! I've had cake batter pancakes before that were pretty much tasteless. You should def try the cake batter pancake recipe. It's a must!

Margarita Bloom said...

These look awesome!! Haha, I just got a box of those cupcake bites and red velvet cake bites too!!

Decayla said...

Miss Bloom!!!! Hello my dear! Thank you! They sure are tasty. Sometime I hope you try to pancake recipe. They taste yummy like cake! So happy you picked up the cupcake bites and the red velvet! I still have not opened my red velvet box to try. I will today though! <3