Pancake Sausage Balls

Tonight I made a boooomb ass dinner. I made these...
Pancake sausage balls. All you need are three items....sausage, pancake mix and oil.
I mixed kosher salt into my sausage before making them into little meat balls and throwing them on the pan with some oil.
I recommend a wooden skewer for this but all I had were popsicle sticks so I cut one in half and used it for the dipping/frying. Before you dip the sausage balls into the pancake mix make sure you dab off all excess oil so the batter will stick. I recommend using less water for the batter so its thick enough to coat your meatballs.
I also find that using the buttermilk pancake mix was perfect because they fluffed up into beautiful balls once fried. You just dip them in your hot oil for several seconds until browned. I did not have a deep fryer so I poured oil in a pot, turned the burner on hi and fried them like that instead. Not really a good idea because it fucked up my pot BADLY...plus.....my smoke alarm went off three times.
WA LA! Beautiful right?
You can put powder sugar on them and eat them like that or dip them in syrup...which I did. I'm not a maple person. I found they tasted heavenly with butter syrup.

Breakfast for dinner is ALWAYS a good choice. I hate breakfast too but there's something about having it at night. It just feels wrong.



5 comments:

Britnie said...

These are my favorite breakfast food! I make them at least once a week but in a corn dog shape, I like the ball idea

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
ecos
de
la
tarde
callada
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
DECAYLA

CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...

ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE LABERINTO ROJO LEYENDAS DE PASIÓN, BAILANDO CON LOBOS, THE ARTIST, TITANIC SIÉNTEME DE CRIADAS Y SEÑORAS, FLOR DE PASCUA

José
Ramón.

Decayla said...

How do you make yours?? Do you use mini franks and fry them in batter? Or do you have one of those nifty makers??

Decayla said...

Jose thank you for following my blog. I only wish I knew what you just typed me here. The translator I used makes no sense :(

Britnie said...

I use breakfast sausages and batter them in a tall thin glass then pan fry them in about an inch of oil and turn them before the first side is done. the batter rolls over and around to create the perfect shape.