The Many Faces Of My Sobriety


***Update. This post is almost 3 years old. I have been sober since! Yaaaas!!!!

It has been almost 2 months of me being sober. That is the longest I have ever gone without a drink since it became a problem. The problem was the company I was keeping. I know from here on out I will never be with a man who drinks with no self control. It is not attractive. Nobody needs alcohol to have a good time. I always drank to be social but later it was to get over stress and then boredom. Then it was to celebrate anything I could. Any excuse. It got way out of hand.

I have not been so positive and content with myself in years. No more clouded judgement. No more self destructing. No more excuses. I am back to the Nikoal I missed so much. At first when I stopped drinking I picked up smoking a hell of a lot more. Now I rarely smoke. Maybe 3 cigarettes a week if that. I am getting stronger every day. I owe most of it to working out. It gave me a healthy mind and body. Go me! I actually love myself for the first time in my life. I also have more self confidence than I ever had before. I don't need a man or alcohol to be happy. I seem to be at my happiest without either of the two.


Me now.


Me then.




How it was at AA.


Every time someone offered me a beverage.


Me now.


Yup.


Yet sometimes I still feel.


When everyone else is drinking.


Me at clubs.


No more of this.


But seriously.


Been there MANY times.


Yup, won't miss any of this..


I'm alive!


In the end.


Thank you thank you!



No comments: