Two Ingredient Ice Cream


I found a recipe for a ice cream that grabbed my attention when it said you don't need a ice cream maker. Then once I read what the simple two ingredients were I purchased them asap and made the ice cream right away!!!!!!!!!

You will need a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the condensed milk and pour in a freezer safe metal bowl for 6-8 hours. I got my stainless steel bowls at the .99 store. I was going to buy a metal cylinder that comes with ice cream machines to freeze the ice cream buuuuut why spend so much $ if I can get freezer safe steel bowls at the .99 store.


I added a couple more ingredients to mine. I wanted to make lemon ice cream. When my mother was pregnant with me she constantly craved lemon ice cream. When I was a kid my favorite ice cream was lemon. That was before I even knew my mom ate it when she was pregnant with me. Anyway! I added lemon extract and yellow food coloring. You can add any extracts or add any other yummies to your ice cream. Blended strawberries sounds heavenly as well! 

I do have to say that I saw another recipe using powder sugar instead of sweetened condensed milk. That sounds awful. The heavy cream mixed with the thick condensed milk is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper creamy once its finished freezing. I can't imagine using powder sugar as a substitute. Remember it's 14oz cindensed milk for every 2 or 2 1/2 cups. Mine was a teeny tiny bit too sweet so I may add 1/2 cup more heavy whipping cream to the 14oz condensed milk.


No comments: