Vegetarian Shepherds Pie


I used the "Grillers" patties. I HATE the taste of fake meat...all of it. But these. These....are so damn good and it tastes like real meat! I tweaked the recipe a lot. Instead of buying veggie broth I used a vegetable boullion cube and made my own. When I make my mashed potatoes I use sour cream, milk, butter, garlic powder, salt and lemon pepper. I left out the celery because celery is nasty! I never measure my ingredients as far as the amount of veggies go. I added a lot more peas and carrots. I put them in a food processor to make the carrot pieces really tiny. I also put more ketchup and worcestershire sauce.

The recipe says to use the crumbles but I used the patties and just mashed them up once I grilled them. When it says to cook the onion and celery I also cooked the carrots with it. Step 4 on the recipe I posted below tells you to layer the mashed carrots on top of the mixture when putting in casserole dish. I just mixed all my stuff together and the only thing I layered on top is the mashed potatoes and cheese. The recipe sounds like a pain in the ass but honestly it didn't take much time at all.





No comments: